Monday, December 7, 2009

IDW's new releases for Dec. 09


The good news is, with books shipping last Thursday because of Thanksgiving, there was only a 6-day wait before this week's new releases. The unfortunate part of the news is that a customs delay has delayed the West Coast's delivery of the books with an asterisk after the title until December 16:

Angel: A Hole in the World #1*
The Art of Ditko
Beyond the Wall #2
G.I. Joe: Snake Eyes #3*
G.I. Joe: Classics Vol. 6 TPB*
Ghostbusters Holiday Special: Past, Present and Future*
Jon Sable, Freelance: Ashes of Eden #3*
Legion: Prophets #4*
Legion: Prophets TPB*
Star Trek Spotlight: Cardassians*
Transformers #2*


*If you missed the note above, these titles will be delayed until December 16 on the west coast only.

**The above picture is IDW's Marketing/PR Manager, AnnaMaria White, showing off the new ART OF DITKO book--that one will make it to stores everywhere, west coast included.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Transformers #2 wasn't on the shipping list for Midtown Comics or for Graham Crackers, so it looks like the east and midwest were also affected. Transformers #2 wasn't on Diamonds preliminary list for the 16th, either. :(

Chris Ryall said...

It might not be on Midtown or GC's list for this week--sometimes Diamond's lists aren't accurate the week before when it comes to our books--but they'll definitely have the comic this Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

When does/did the 2nd printing of Transformers #1 hit the shelves?

Fanbot said...

The 2nd printing is out on December 2nd. Which was days ago. LOL. Ryall, what's up with the bot's speech bubbles? They're round an normal like the human ones. Why?

Anonymous said...

"NO ONE has a copy of the 2nd printing--my comic shop is still waiting, and no online retailer has it either."

Exactly. I checked all the online stores also, and came up empty. Then I went to the closest store to where I live this past weekend and they didn't have it, either. I had to ask the clerk to put in an order for me. When he checked he was surprised they didn't get any copies because it said it shipped on the 2nd. So, he placed an order for me.

-Ron

Anonymous said...

"It might not be on Midtown or GC's list for this week--sometimes Diamond's lists aren't accurate the week before when it comes to our books--but they'll definitely have the comic this Wednesday."

Hey Chris,

I just checked my pullbox for this week from the shop I order online from in Chicago...I didn't receive TF #2. :(

Ron

Anonymous said...

Well, for anyone looking for the 2nd printing of TF #1, here is the first online store I've seen with it in stock. It arrived this week.

https://www.g-mart.com/scripts/store.cgi?context_change=2%25N0220812%25202%25N0220813%25200%25202%25N02201006916&d=2455175

But still no #2.

-Ron

Anonymous said...

No #2 here in Connecticut.

Anonymous said...

I just got my copy of #1 today, so it looks like the second printing has *finally* appeared. But now my comic shop doesn't have #2 (I'm on the east coast, so it should be here).

Chris, why is the distribution for this series so fudged up?? It shouldn't be this hard to buy a comic. :(

zriza said...

All IDW books arrived safely on Tusday to my local comics shop in Tel-Aviv :)