Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Captain's name is... Canuck


Alan David Doane, founder of review site Comic Book Galaxy.com (the person and the place who gave me my start in comics over a decade ago), took a look at our new CAPTAIN CANUCK reprint hardcover, and liked what he saw.
IDW has published a hardcover collection of issues #4-10 (the first half of the Freeman era, basically -- earlier issues were drawn by creator Richard Comely, who also does some art in this collection, but not much), and it is spectacular.

Read the full review here.

5 comments:

Ajit said...

Is there any particular reason why the first three issues aren't there in this volume?

ADD said...

Just a guess, but George Freeman came aboard as artist with #4, I believe, and the previous issues are nowhere near the visual quality he brought to the book.

There is a separate volume planned for #1-3, according to Richard Comely, but I don't believe IDW is publishing it. I'm sure Chris will correct me if I'm wrong...

Evan Meadow said...

Always nice to see Galaxy alums get name dropped among each other.

Gives me such a warm feeling.

Makes me wish Ray Tate could somehow show up. :-)

ADD said...

Ray Tate is with us always.

Evan Meadow said...

I know my E-Mails have never quite been the same thanks to him.