Tuesday, January 6, 2009

PRIME Time


In the original ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS, there was one surviving human character, a baby named after my daughter. She, uh, didn't make it out of the story intact (the character, I mean--the real kid is fine). But since then, I've felt a little guilty and figured I needed to do something in comics that would make her proud of me. I might've hit on that thing, at least until she outgrows these kinds of books.

In May, we're going to be doing a TRANSFORMERS picture book--that is, a hardcover-with-dustjacket, squarebound, 32-page thing, similar to the other kids' books we've been doing through our Worthwhile Books like. I wrote this first one, called I AM OPTIMUS PRIME. The art is being handled by Joe & Rob Sharp, and the image here is the art that will make up the wraparound dustjacket.

The characters are being modeled after the "Robot Heroes" toy line, but the book itself will be something new: not quite a normal picture book and not quite a comic book, but rather some sort of hybrid of both, with lushly painted art from the Sharps. And since this sort of book is exactly what my kid is into right now, AND she knows who Bumblebee and Optimus Prime are, well, this will hopefully make up for the ZvR thing. At least until she's old enough to read.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Very cool, love classic picture books and adding this to their number will be awesome.
Great for kids which is cool too.
Bassbot

the chance said...

Looks good I can't wait1

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

This is something I would like to get to read to my son; looks very cool. Will it be available through diamond and comic retailers or will it be available in major bookstores?

Thanks!
RK

Brian Lynch said...

BUT is there a character named Lucy in the TRANSFORMERS book? That would blow her mind!

Chris Ryall said...

>This is something I would like to get to read to my son; looks very cool. Will it be available through diamond and comic retailers or will it be available in major bookstores?

Both. It'll be offered in the Previews in stores in March (for May release) but also at your Borders, Barnes, Amazon, all of that.

>BUT is there a character named Lucy in the TRANSFORMERS book?

Absolutely. This one will feature Lucee -- Arcee is old news.

Anonymous said...

man,that is wow,
I'm sold on that,
the art you've shown looks swell,

and your scripting is strong as always,

Lucee ? really ? that is so cool,

Andy said...

Now that looks damned good.

Anonymous said...

Art is nice, but a distracting lack of contrast in Prime's face.

Doug said...

Very cool. I'll definately pick a copy up for my daughter.

Anonymous said...

I just love Robot Heroes! Can't wait to see the book:)

Fantastic cover!

Anonymous said...

This article is very good,I like it !
The fall is approaching.We should take exercise to keep fit.
Let's do sports together.

ferrari shoes
puma ferrari shoes
cheap puma shoes
puma future cat
puma drift cat
puma drift cat shoes


nike max shoes
cheap nike shoes
cheap nike shox
nike shox shoes
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
nike 360 air max
nike air max

nike shox shoes
Ugg Boots

Anonymous said...

If your life feels like it is lacking the power that you want and the motivation that you need, sometimes all you have to do is shift your point of view.People say I was the greatest ever to play to the game. I cringe a little bit. I receive it as an opinion. But for me personally, I never played against Jerry West. I never played against Elgin Baylor. I never played against Wilt Chamberlain. Yeah, I would’ve loved to. But to say I’m better than those people is not for me to decide. I’m happy for the accomplishments and what people might say. But just to be a part of that debate is a privilege. But I would never give myself that type of accolade because I never competed against everybody in this Hall of Fame.
puma mens shoes nike shox
nike running shoes nike shoxs
NIKE air shoes nike air max
nike shox torch sneakers shoes
nike shox r4 tn dollar
nike tennis shoes free shipping shoes
nike shoes nike discount shoes
nike shox shoes
nike free shoes buy shoes online
nike womens shoes nike 360 air max
cheap nike shoes discount nike shoes
cheap puma shoes cheap nike shox
wholesale nike shoes mens puma shoes