Wednesday, January 21, 2009

44 x 4


I've seen a bit of a 'net-kerfuffle between a couple other publishers' Obama-centric comic covers and one claiming they had the idea first and all that. I stay out of such things, especially when they're both wrong. We were not only first, we're now going back to press for the fourth time on our PRESIDENTIAL MATERIALS: BARACK OBAMA comic (for some reason, the John McCain comic hasn't sold quite as well...). The fourth printing will have an all-new cover on it along with a transcript of yesterday's acceptance speech. And not one appearance by the Chameleon on this one--sorry, Cham fans.

Update 1.22.9:
Newsarama.com covered the news about this 4th printing, with a link back to my blog, so now I'll link on my blog back to their story which links to my blog and... PFAFFF!*

*Sorry, my head just exploded while I tried to follow this whole snake-eating-its-own-tail thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is this net-kerfuffle taking place?

By the way, I can't find "kerfuffle" in the dictionary, but I'll check a few others.

Anonymous said...

Wait... it's in the "Urban Dictionary".
One of these days I'll catch you making something up. :P

Chris G. said...

you should make this comic an on-going!!

Anonymous said...

I think that argument isn't over who made a comic about Obama first, it's over who capitalized on him to sell an existing comic first. Which is an even dumber argument.

Chris Ryall said...

>it's over who capitalized on him to sell an existing comic first

I still say they deserve the silver and bronze medals for this...

Charlie, I make up things every day, like when I say "I'll get RIGHT BACK to you."

Anonymous said...

"Charlie, I make up things every day, like when I say 'I'll get RIGHT BACK to you.'"

Well, when you say that I have to factor in IDW time, which follows a less linear pattern than regular time. But that suits me since my time isn't exactly linear either which becomes evident when I say, "I'll have it done by Monday." :P