Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Covering ANGEL 27

ANGEL 27 is easily the funniest issue of ANGEL I've ever worked on. It's also a fitting kind-of end to Brian Lynch's run on ANGEL (kind of, I say, because there's still the ANGEL ANNUAL to come, and then a SPIKE series) because it includes so many of the things he did so well on his entire ANGEL run, only in much more amusing fashion than many of the grim tidings he had to deal with during AFTER THE FALL.

Because I don't often show finished, logo'd covers here, I thought I'd show these, since the images haven't been seen online much in any fashion. First here is Nick Runge's variant cover:


And then interior artist Stephen Mooney's cover. The issue itself should be in stores just before Halloween.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Both covers are great. I'm crazy excited for this, as you probably know haha

Question about the release date, though. #25 comes out this month, so did you mean to say that #26 is the one that comes out right before Halloween? Or do bot #26 and #27 come out in October?

Chris Ryall said...

>Or do bot #26 and #27 come out in October?

Let me get exact in-store dates for 25 and 26 tomorrow and let you know more specifically.

Veiriti said...

Fantastic covers!! The likeness to the original characters is incredible! I can't wait for theses issues! I'm huge fan of Spike and Angel and I love to see them together again! Sorry, but I didn't like Aftermath at all – the story and the art were... uhhhh...
And I can't wait for the new Spike's series!

ryan marshall said...

it would be awesome if these 2 issues are like one episode anyway to just put them in one say 48 page comic. still man i can't wait!

Chris Ryall said...

Incidentally, Angel 25 is in stores on 9/16 and issue 26 is in stores on 10/7. And issue 27 is being approved to print tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Wow, so that means both #26 and #27 in October then, I guess. That's awesome. I love what you guys have been doing with the Angel title. Favorite comic since Spike: Asylum hit.

Really loved this week's issue of Only Human, by the way.