Sunday, July 19, 2009

My 2009 Comic-Con schedule


THURSDAY, JULY 23:

  • IDW: The Evolution of Comics panel: 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM, Room 10
    Join me, Special Projects Editor Scott Dunbier, eBooks Editor Jeff Webber, writer Bill Willingham, STAR TREK writers Tim Jones & Mike Johnson as we discuss IDW's 10-year anniversary and announce an abundance of new projects and creators. We'll even offer up one of IDW's new 10th anniversary $75 box sets for someone in the audience who can answer the most IDW trivia.

  • Signing with Ben Templesmith at IDW Booth (#1705): 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
    We'll be signing GROOM LAKE (issue 4 is just out the day before) and anything else thrown in front of us.

  • Signing at the IMPACT Books booth (#1415): 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
    Scott Tipton and I will be signing our COMIC BOOKS 101 book at the IMPACT booth.

    FRIDAY, JULY 24:

  • IMPACT University: How to Write and Draw Comics, Graphic Novels and Fantasy: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM, Room 30 CDE
    I'll be on IMPACT's panel alongside IDW Senior Editor Andy Schmidt, writer Peter David, colorist Brian Miller, artist Tom Nguyen, and Maggie Thompson.

  • 2009 Eisner Awards: 7:30 PM - 11:00 PM, Bayfront Hilton's Indigo Ballroom
    IDW will have a table there and I'll be sitting with 2009 nominees Joe Hill, Dean Mullaney, and Kevin Colden, as well as Tony Lee and more.

    SATURDAY, JULY 25:

  • Angel: On the Rise panel: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM, Room 7 AB
    I'll be presiding over this panel alongside new ANGEL editor Mariah Huehner, as well as writers Brian Lynch, Juliet Landau and Scott Tipton, FALLEN ANGEL writer Peter David, ANGEL 24-25 cover artist Sam Shearon and XXX, the new ongoing ANGEL writer (being announced during this panel, as is the new artist and first cover for their run, beginning with ANGEL 28)

  • Spotlight on Joe Hill panel: 12:30 PM, Room 10
    I'll be chatting up Joe Hill, who's going to discuss where LOCKE & KEY has been so far, what's coming up in the next chapter, CROWN OF SHADOWS, and a couple other projects besides. He just might read some of his upcoming new novel and show the cover art for the very first time (okay, no might about it; he will). And we'll offer up five of the exclusive LOCKE & KEY keys, limited to only 500 at this show and nowhere else, for people to win.

    A full schedule of IDW signers and exclusives is available at IDWpublishing.com
  • 2 comments:

    CHUNK said...

    I'm going to hit up the "How to Write and Draw Comics" thing. That sounds really interesting and I can use all the help/info I can get!

    I'm also going to try and see you and Ben at the IDW booth, GROOM LAKE is one of my favorite books right now.

    CHUNK

    PatShand said...

    I wish I could be there. I'm glad the panel for Angel is so early, though, I'll be able to catch the DL before I go to work!