Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yo, Co...bra


The reviews for the first issue of our G.I. JOE: COBRA miniseries have been alternating between glowing and outright raving, too. Here's a sampling:

"G.I. Joe fans get a peek behind the curtain of the world’s deadliest terrorist organization in this, the third book in IDW’s relaunch of the franchise: G.I. Joe: Cobra #1. Unlike the other Joe titles, this book isn’t all about crazy high-tech weaponry and state-of-the-art anti-terrorist tactics; it’s down and dirty undercover stuff. Seedy locales and even seedier people. It’s about Cobra!

It turns out this was the G.I. Joe comic I’d waited my whole life for and I didn’t even know it. At no point does this book feel like a tie-in to a toy line. Actually, it doesn’t even feel like a G.I. Joe book! It felt more like something along the lines of 24 or The Departed. The issue had a lot of personality and backstory packed into it."

Mania.com
iFanboy.com
Hisstank.com

Issue 2 is in stores on April 15.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent first issue, guys. Really feels like classic Joe yet taking a different angle. And using two of my favorite Joes, too!

Plus: I never thought I'd see an Alex Cox homage in a GI Joe comic.