Saturday, March 14, 2009

Me3

It's the weekend, so what better time than to use this space in a more self-serving fashion than usual. First of three self-plugs:

The print ad for my coming COMIC BOOKS 101 book. The book itself'll be in the Previews catalog that hits stores in April, for late May/early June release.



Next up is the title page from the FRANK FRAZETTA'S NEANDERTHAL comic I wrote, also coming in April:



And finally, the opening credits page for GROOM LAKE #1, being released this Wednesday. Let's see if I'm the only one who remembers the old TV show I reference in the opening text...



Coming tomorrow, a 5-page preview of GROOM #1, too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr Ryall,

Now that you're reprinting things like Rocketeer or Captain Canuck, have you thought about answering Mark Schultz' oft-repeated plea for financing his "Xenozoic Tales" finale?

http://digitaldreammachine.blogspot.com/2006/09/interview-mark-schultz-part-2.html

"There is nothing I want more then to get back to producing new issues of Xenozoic Tales. It is just a matter of finding a way of financing the process of getting it started again. My glacial slowness makes things difficult. I'm hoping to build a savings reservoir that could give me the time to devote to getting the series up and running again. Specifically, I have a four issue arc in mind that would complete the storyline I left hanging, but would also stand on its own, and would be collected as a trade paperback."

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=120094

"I unfortunately had to put the series on hiatus after issue #14 back in—gulp—1997. But I do have plans to get back to the book to at least resolve the storyline I left hanging. In fact, I have a four issue series planned that would wrap up the loose ends of this particular story. The problem is finding the time and financial padding I need to devote a solid year to executing those four issues. But, I assure you, there is nothing that I want to do more than getting back to XT. I will find my way, sooner or later."

Chris Ryall said...

Not really anything I can/should say too much about at this point, but this actually has been a conversation around our office. I think that book's great.

Anonymous said...

I knew it! Consider me teased!

Unknown said...

"And finally, the opening credits page for GROOM LAKE #1, being released this Wednesday. Let's see if I'm the only one who remembers the old TV show I reference in the opening text..."

Is it "Project Blue Book"?